A pair of used shoes allows a poor child to attend school and allows an adult to get a job. A pair of shoes also promotes better health through a reduction in soil borne parasites as well as infections from cuts. Your donation of good used shoes will make a BIG difference in the lives of the poor in Honduras, the second poorest country in the western hemisphere.
- All types of good used shoes are very much needed… dress, casual, athletic, children’s, adults’, heels, sandals, etc. Men’s shoes are the most needed, especially work boots.
- The main limit is size. We can only use up to size 11 for men and up to size 9 for women.
- Shoes can be dropped off anytime 24/7 without notice on the front porch at 635 S. 25th St. Arlington, Va. 22202.
- No special packaging or sorting is needed… plastic trash bags are fine. Just be sure that only pairs are sent and that pairs go together in the same bag. Tying laces together is helpful but not necessary as long as pairs are together.
- We collect shoes 12 months a year… so whenever is good for you is good for us.
In addition to shoes, we also need donations of good used sheets, towels, children and adult clothing in sizes S, M & L. XL is too large. All seasons welcomed.
For those outside of the metro Washington DC area, there are drop off sites in Oakton, Leesburg, Winchester and Richmond. If your group has a large collection and you are not near one of our drop off sites, let us know. We can often arrange for a pickup.
Groups outside of Va. and Md. normally send their boxes of shoes via US Mail. Postage is surprisingly affordable. Just fill the boxes very full so as to optimize space. Small children’s shoes can go inside adult shoes for further space savings.
Have questions or want a flyer or a brief PowerPoint presentation to use with your group or just want more info click here.
Your donations make a big difference in the lives of the poor… the difference in being destitute and becoming self sufficient.
A financial donation to assist with the shipment of the shoes would be appreciated. Click here